Thursday, June 17, 2010

Guiding Principles

This will definitely be the most fluid post that I write throughout the course. I think my guiding principles for the use of technology will probably change considerable as I learn more.

When using technology in the classroom (new or old) the following with guide the usage…

  • Do I know how to fully use and explain how to use the technology?
  • Will the use of this technology benefit my students?
    • Also, how will this benefit my students?
  • Is this technology something that my students could use outside of my classroom (is it relevant)?
  • What is the purpose of using this technology? (Taken from Utecht’s “Evaluating Technology Use in the Classroom”)
    • Am I dabbling?
    • Does this do old things in old ways?
    • Does this do old things in new ways?
    • Does this do new things in new ways?
  • How will the use of this technology improve my students’ ability to learn the material and develop core life skills?
  • ADDED:
  • Have I gotten feedback from colleagues on how I plan to use this technology?
  • Will my students learn the material better or in new ways by using this tool?

No comments:

Post a Comment