Thursday, June 17, 2010

Introduction

I am through and through a midwest city girl. I've lived in the Chicago area my entire life (minus attending Hope College up in Holland, MI). I graduated from Hope with a degree in Physics Education and went back to the Chicago area to teach at my alma mater in Park Ridge (a northwest suburb of Chicago). I just finished my 3rd year of teaching. Next year I will be teaching lower and regular level Physics class. I use quite a bit of technology in my class, but I can see that I still have A LOT to learn from this class - I look forward to seeing what additional technologies I can incorporate.

Currently, my husband and I are living in Chicago and have been married for almost 2 years (we'll celebrate our anniversary at the end of the month!). We are both teachers so right about now we are very much enjoying all that the city and summer has to offer! I realize that I am rather biased, but I will always maintain that Chicago is the greatest city and has the best sports fans! GO CUBS! There is always something to do, whether it's venturing out to another neighborhood, heading downtown, finding a festival, trying a new restaurant, heading to a game, etc.
When I'm not working on my two classes this summer (this one and fundamentals of oceanography) I will be taking advantage of the time to make jewelry, read, scrapbook and just spend time with friends and family. I look forward to learning with all of you this summer!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the course! I love Chicago too....I was born and grew up in Michigan (live in Idaho now)and I have many great memories bopping around the 'big city' of CHEE CA GO!

    ReplyDelete