Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Convinced about Twitter

I have a confession to make...after tonight #scichat I am no longer opposed to Twitter. :-) I now really see how useful twitter can be. I will admit that the scichat was very overwhelming, but it's great to be able to share ideas and resources. This sort of chat makes time FLY - I hardly realized that an hour had passed by the end. This was a great way to connect with other science teachers and gain a lot of resources. Diigo came in very handy tonight! One resource that I will pass on is Skype for Educators. This looks like a great way to get experts into the classroom without geographic limitations. There are lots of other resources, but I have to take some time to go through all of them. Lots to think about. #scichat was also a great way to grow my PLN. Other than those of you in this class with me, I wasn't sure how to increase my PLN, this helped a lot. All that to say, if you haven't participated in a #scichat yet, you should they are pretty sweet! :-)

5 comments:

  1. LOL! I just posted a similar sentiment! Great to connect with people from all over the US, even Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with all you wrote! I found it difficult checking out resources, bookmarking them with Diigo, and then trying to read through all the posts I missed in 30 sec! However, I too, am now able to build my PLN and I learned so many great things about twitter. I have to confess that I forgot to add the "#scichat" in a post, so halfway through I had to rewatch parts of the video posted today about how to get into the #scichat. I can't believe I forgot that! Oh well, I know better for next time and will hopefully be able to participate more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for participating. I think the next #scichat (7/20) will focus on the draft framework for the next generation of national science standards. The framework is supposed to be released on 7/12.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twitter is starting to work for me too. I wasn't a fan until this last week when I've been able to connect with others. The first #scichat killed me because I couldn't keep up. This time I used Tweetgrid which automatically followed each discussion. I would highly recommend using a program like that (it was free) to be able to follow the tweets. Once you are in a group and have your tweeting set up it will also add the #scichat, which is something I forget 50% of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too now like twitter alot! I'm going to try Tweetgrid as soon as I get home from this neverending visit to my folks... Twitter is fast paced and I do get the feeling I'm missing a bunch of stuff... but that's my hang up. I like to explore everything

    ReplyDelete