Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Home Sweet Home

My husband and I got home last night from our week in northern Michigan. It was great to see his family, spend time with everyone and get away from the hectic city life. My nephews are still just as adorable as the last time I saw them, just a little bigger (2 and a half and 9 months). It was wonderful to spend time out on the lake on their boat, playing games and going on hikes and bike rides.

Now that we are home, it is good to be home. It's nice to be able to wake up and not plan out when I am going to do my homework because I have to drive to get wi-fi. I feel a little spoiled, but have a much greater appreciation for being able to access internet whenever I want. So in honor of that I will go do some research for my Oceanography research project on the SOFAR channel, then work with some webtools and end my day with a good #scichat. Lots to do! I will leave you with a picture of me and my nephew doing grad school homework. (I was laying in a hammock reading for my Oceanography class (tough life I know.... ;-)...) when he wanted to climb and and have me read to him...out of my oceanography book...haha, we just looked at pictures).

2 comments:

  1. I'll be posting a short "how to" video for #scichat later today! I'll see you online...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the video! I feel much more prepared for tonight's #scichat.

    ReplyDelete