Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Embedding Trick for GoogleSites

Alright, one problem solved!! I still am not sure about changing around posts on blogger, but I did find a way to embed a wallwisher into a googlesite.

All you have to is click on "Edit Page" and then go to "Insert" - "More gadgets" and then type "iFrame" into the search bar. The "iFrame" gadget will allow you to embed ANYTHING into your googlesite! One quick pointer - don't use the embed code, just put the url into the part that says "src." I was able to embed the "Wallwisher" that I made into the website and it does work so now anyone can add a post to it. (Wallwisher does allow you to approve comments before they actually appear). I plan to use one wall on the homepage for general course questions and one on each unit page for quick review questions that students can ask and answer.

1 comment:

  1. Great beta on the iFrame. I've had mixed success with the embed feature, especially with sizes. Thankfully I've had a few friends who have taught me a little about writing html and I am learning what to look for. I think iFrame will be my new friend though.

    ReplyDelete